I know this because I myself have spent over $5000+ in many such schemes in the last few years.. with little or no results.
In this post, I’m going to guide you on how you choose the right money making opportunities and how to stop wasting your time and money.
Why are you looking for money making opportunities online?
Yes.. this is my first question to you? Why are you looking for money making opportunities online? I’m sure you answers may be something like:
- I want to clear of my debts
- I want to get more free time to do what I love doing
- I hate my job and my boss and I want to free myself from the rat-race
- I want an additional source of income to pay my bills, etc.
- I want to learn how to make money online and give more in charity
So your reasons may be any one of the the above or even other reasons which are close to your heart.
I have noticed that when I got on this journey of Internet Marketing a few years back.. I was actually clicking on every banner and buying every single course which promised some get rich quick scheme.. in the hope that I would someday I would get the freedom to do what I want.. when I want..
But the sad truth was that.. it never happened for over 4 years (until now). I was still struggling most of the money making opportunities that I got into was either not legitimate or was not sustainable.
So the first step to find a good money making opportunity is to know exactly WHY you want this..
Types Of Money Making Opportunities
There are hundreds of money making opportunities.. so you’ve first got to understand how this whole system works and educate yourself by reading more of such blog posts. Here’s a list of all the ways that you can make money online, taken from wikiHow.com
Different money making opportunities
- Domain name flipping. Domain names are valuable internet real estate and some people actually make a nice living off of buying and selling them. One strategy is to use Google Adwords to find keywords that are trending and use that information to buy domain names that you think may soon be in demand.
- Do online surveys. Online surveys won’t earn you much apiece, but they don’t eat up much time either and can add up when you need cash in a pinch. Read How to Make Money with Free Online Surveys for more advice.
- Transcribe audio. Websites are getting better and better about providing written transcripts for the hearing impaired, meaning that transcriber jobs pop up fairly regularly. Transcribing is generally low paying but is also easy, fast, and doesn’t require much commitment. Check eLance or oDesk for current transcription postings.
- Edit audio. If you have and know how to use sound-editing software, you can clean up webcasts and interviews before they go online. Again, look at a site like eLance or oDesk for opportunities.
- Enter contests. Since you won’t get paid unless your entry wins, search for a wide range of free contests in a field where you’re already have a lot of possible entries (ex. photos, logo-making, background design) and submit your work to as many places as will have you.
Make Money through Online Marketing
- Become an affiliate marketer. This is a great way to make money for promoting someone else’s products or services without having to carry any inventory. Affiliate advertisements are usually incorporated into your website/blog/page via linked articles (great when your content is strong and compelling, but must be done carefully to avoid looking spammy), product-placement videos (great if you’re funny or have performance talent), or, less and less commonly, banner ads (pretty ineffective, as most people avoid these like the plague). If necessary, you can also become an affiliate marketer without a website (by posting videos on YouTube containing links to the product, for example).
- If you have a lot of traffic, you might want to do cost-per-click advertising, which doesn’t earn you much per click but banks on the fact that the sheer number of visitors will build your revenue.
- If you have very strong content, you might want to do cost-per-acquisition advertising, which makes you a decent commission (either a fixed amount or a commission, depending on what you’ve pre-agreed to) every time someone on your site makes a purchase with your affiliate company.
- Become an online mystery shopper. Most people have heard of mystery shoppers in the real world, but with the shift to virtual business, it’s becoming more and more common to send mystery shoppers online-hunting. If you’re just starting out, be prepared to front the cost of your purchases, as your reimbursement will depend on whether or not you are a capable mystery shopper.
My CONCLUSION on choosing money making opportunities
My recommendation is that you first educate yourself about all the types of money making opportunities online first. Then you’ll have a fair idea on what you might like doing.
At the end of the day you need to love what you’re doing also. So in the name of ‘making money online’ make sure that you don’t lose your life, spending hours in front of your computer system.
If you’re a total newbie to the world of internet marketing and if you’re serious about investing your time in learning about money making opportunities, then I recommend that you WATCH THIS VIDEO