Want to know the secret to overcoming procrastination? This post will give you some ideas instantly for you to implement in your life right away. Don’t procrastinate! 🙂
How To Overcome Procrastination Without Stressing Out Too Much!
- Know Yourself – By knowing your strengths and weaknesses, it can save you a lot of burden in pushing away tasks into the future.
- Practice Time Management – This is more of self management. Make sure you setup a realistic daily schedule.
- Change Your Perspective – When you change the way you look at things, it could definitely help you change the way you do things.
- Commit To Assignments – The most busy people in the world always get stuff done. Keep committing yourself to assignments so that you do not let your brand give any excuses to postpone.
- Work In Productive Environments – Your work zone matters a lot. Having a space that will inspire you to “get things done” is one of the most awesome things you can do to yourself to overcome procrastination.
- Be Realistic – Dream big, but have goals which are within your reach. When you achieve smaller successes, it becomes easier for you to go for bigger goals. Go step by step.
- Self-Talk Positively – There’s nothing better than looking at yourself in the mirror and appreciating yourself. Pep yourself up to kill the procrastinator which will rise up at any moment.
- Un-Schedule – This is one of the hardest and best things you can do to yourself. You really don’t have to attend all those meetings. Prioritise your tasks and unschedule everything else which maybe just time suckers.
- Swiss-Cheese Tasks – Dedicate small chunks of time for some really big tasks. That way you will not get bogged down.
- Don’t Indulge In Fantasies – A lot of people get stuck thinking about their goals, that they forget to take action in the ‘now’. Have a big dream.. but know that it’s your daily actions that will get you there.
- Plan For Obstacles – As they say, failing to plan, is planning to fail. When you know you’re going to have obstacles, it becomes easier for you to keep going when it hits you, rather than getting paralysed.
- Improve Your Learning Behaviour – The more you learn, the more you will earn. This also involves delaying gratification for a better future.
- Help Yourself – If you’re always dependant on others, then there’s a high chance you will procrastinate more. Start takng responsibility of your own life.
- Reward Progress – Treat yourself to a good meal or movie when you hit a milestone in your business.
- Learn To Forgive Yourself – Nobody is perfect. So don’t be hard on yourself. If you’re too hard on yourself, there’s no doubts that procrastination will actually kick in.
Well, Ive been doing quite a bit of research on this subject and stumbled across this really cool infographic by Essay Expert.
Now that you’ve learn’t how to overcome procrastination, share your thoughts below.