Do you want to learn how to make money blogging? Well..Blogging is fun. But it’s time to level up! It’s simple: post and get paid. How?
If you just started blogging, congratulations! You’re done with the first step which is to have your own blog. But if you’re not new to the blogosphere and haven’t earned from it, you may want to know how to make money blogging. Here are techniques on how to monetize your blog into a money-generating medium.
Different Ways How To Make Money Blogging
- Write valuable contents. Post something that will benefit people. It’s the content that will make people visit your blog. Is it something that can evoke a smile or inform your readers? Remember, first impressions last. If your recent post got people really interested, you’ll have them coming back for more. More traffic means more money.
- Join affiliate programs. Generally, these programs are intended to promote ads on your blog. They will pay you depending on your blog traffic.
- Make your blog clean and pleasant. Too much clatter will only distract your readers. Ads vary in size and style. You can put them as a banner on top or at the sidebar to minimize clatter on your blog.
- Get your own domain name. Blogger, Tumblr, and WordPress are some of the blogging platforms you can use for free. These platforms are also user-friendly especially for those who just started blogging. But if you really want to make money blogging, buy your own domain.
- Have your own niche. Blogging is business. Know your target market. Are they young professionals who have a penchant for gadgets and technology? Or stay-at-home moms? If you narrow down your blog category, it will be easier for advertisers to find you. Your forte does not need to be the hippest category there is. Let’s say you badly want to have your own beauty blog because other girls get freebies out of it. But then you realize that you’re too lazy to use and review beauty products. It’s time to leave your fantasy of having a beauty blog, then. You know where you excel at. Is it managing finances? Why don’t you give tips on how to save money? Who knows? You might get more readers than you think.
- Make use of Search Engine Optimization. This is one of the secrets on how to make money blogging. In simplest terms, it’s using keywords to your blog posts. When people go to Google, Yahoo, or other search engines, they normally type key words to look for something. It’s likely for people to chance upon your blog given that your post has the keywords they need.
- Maximize the use of social media. Tweet about your latest post. Include your blog URL on your “About Me” page. Or share a photo related to your recent post. Simply invite them to go to your page.
- Write sponsored posts. Review products and services. This is more applicable for established blogs. Once you created a reputation as a blogger, companies will trust you to review and promote their products.
Now that we got some cues how to make money blogging, the next step is to keep on writing. Apply these tips and earn money out of doing your hobby.