Do you really want more Twitter followers? Well here’s 20 quick tips (that I must thank Chris Brogan for) that can help you immediately – with a surge of twitter followers. Getting more Twitter followers will not only give you the exposure on a global level – but is also a chance for you to connect with some really cool people on there.
Get More Twitter Followers – DO’s
- To get more twitter followers, post unique information and insights about your business/life 3-4 times a day.
- Comment on other people’s tweets with relevant and non-spammy replies. (no links please)
- Occasionally post something way off-topic (for whatever reason, this works like crazy).
- Reply to tweets – 10-20 times a day (maybe more). This could get you more twitter followers.
- Look for great weekly chats. participating in high traffic chats can get you more twitter followers.
- Have a great avatar photo (not an icon or logo), and a cool yet brief bio.
- Search Twitter for people talking about your passions, and connect with those people.
- Devote 20 minutes a day (maybe more) to sharing “up-and-coming” people’s interesting posts.
- Consider hosting a chat on Twitter yourself. This can get you more twitter followers for sure.
- Give people enough room to retweet you with a comment.
Get More Twitter Followers – DONT’s
- Don’t even mention (or think about, or worry about) your Klout score.
- Don’t even think about following “influencers.” Follow people who seem cool & interesting.
- Don’t worry about retweeting the big guys. They have plenty of exposure already.
- Don’t use “thanks for following” autoresponders. You could annoy many people, who will eventually unfollow you.
- Don’t buy into software or other automated methods to follow more people. They mostly help you follow bots and/or less-responsive people.
- Don’t waste two to four hours a day on Twitter and call it lead generation. It’s the same as watching soap operas.
- Don’t assume no response means anything. Sometimes, tweets don’t go through. Happens all the time, actually.
- Don’t worry about who doesn’t follow you. Worry about creating interesting value.
- Ask yourself whether your Foursquare check-ins belong in your tweet stream – or NOT.
- Don’t tell people they’re doing it wrong. (Get the irony here?) P.S. you’re doing it wrong.
Getting More Twitter Followers Is Not Rocket Science
The challenge of Twitter and any of the social networks isn’t in figuring out how to gain bigger numbers than the other guy. The challenge is to get more active and clicking numbers, the kind of people who take the plunge when you mention something is happening. The kind of people who respond when you ask questions, and who hopefully you can respond to, from time to time, as well.
My question is this: when you get more Twitter followers, what is going to change for you? What do you suppose it will be like?
To your Success,
‘Leaked’ video reveals how this once homeless ‘van man’ and ex-construction worker discovered this lucrative solution to the complicated online marketing world.